Right now. This second. I am in Nepal. Kathmandu, Tamel district to be exact. But we are going to ignore that in this moment.
Because! I just spent a lovely 10 days doing nothing with Janes surname Taylor in Laos. (Luang Prabang, specifically.) It was bookended by some hours and nights in Bangkok. It really was, in all senses of the terms forthcoming, a wonderful way to start this Asian expedition. Drum roll Please: for my next trick, I will rate the trip (in a semi-chronological fashion) with an arbitrary point system which means nothing:
The Pullman. (I am amahzing at finding hotels) http://www.pullmanbangkokkingpower.com/ [+63]
Drinks, cigar smoking, & Asian tapas at the Mandarin Oriental while watching perverted American fatties planning their next disgusting foray. [+11]
Taylor admiring [lusting after] himself in his new suit. [+2]
Vinegar flavored wine at the Wine Pub. [-3]
Thongbay Bungalows for 7 days. http://www.thongbay-guesthouses.com/home_lp.htm [+71]
Asleep before midnight (let's be honest: 10 in the PM) awake before 8 in the AM everyday. [+15]
This sentence likes reading Tom Robbins on its terrace overlooking the river in Luang Prabang. [+13]
7-up and Grenadine through the nose at the nice restaurant. My nose. And then there was the snorting. [+9]
Riding a motorbike through the velvety green mountainside on our way to the waterfalls where we hiked way to the almost tippity top. [+29]
Taylor's disgust. Constant, complete and utter disgust. [+6.8]
Engorged gag reflex caused by Lao food. [-14]
Nou, the 12 year old bracelet seller on the street, after meeting us 5 times saying this: pointing to me, "you Vhitney!" and then looking at Taylor: "you... Toilet!" [+55]
Fevers. [-28]
Going on a lunch cruise for 50 people to see the caves (which are overrated if you ask me). With only us 2 and 8 staff members. [+21]
No interwebs. [+12]
Dude. Just totally f*ck@ng chillin', man. [+47]
Drinks, cigar smoking, & Asian tapas at the Mandarin Oriental while watching perverted American fatties planning their next disgusting foray. [+11]
Taylor admiring [lusting after] himself in his new suit. [+2]
Vinegar flavored wine at the Wine Pub. [-3]
Thongbay Bungalows for 7 days. http://www.thongbay-guesthouses.com/home_lp.htm [+71]
Asleep before midnight (let's be honest: 10 in the PM) awake before 8 in the AM everyday. [+15]
This sentence likes reading Tom Robbins on its terrace overlooking the river in Luang Prabang. [+13]
7-up and Grenadine through the nose at the nice restaurant. My nose. And then there was the snorting. [+9]
Riding a motorbike through the velvety green mountainside on our way to the waterfalls where we hiked way to the almost tippity top. [+29]
Taylor's disgust. Constant, complete and utter disgust. [+6.8]
Engorged gag reflex caused by Lao food. [-14]
Nou, the 12 year old bracelet seller on the street, after meeting us 5 times saying this: pointing to me, "you Vhitney!" and then looking at Taylor: "you... Toilet!" [+55]
Fevers. [-28]
Going on a lunch cruise for 50 people to see the caves (which are overrated if you ask me). With only us 2 and 8 staff members. [+21]
No interwebs. [+12]
Dude. Just totally f*ck@ng chillin', man. [+47]
Conclusion
I can't add that high, can you? Additionally, when you throw in the negative numbers, I'd have to do some PEMDAS, and well, that's just insane! Suffice it to say, LP will make you sweat: "It's your world and I'm just a squirrel//Trying to get a nut to move your butt to the dance floor."- C+C Music Factory. I don't know how that connects to anything, but I sure do like that lyric.
ANYWAY: someday soon I will get to the point of this thing. You know, I will muse about development and sights and sounds (there are SO many loud ones!) and people and things-- there will be an abundance of noun discussion.
Namaste. (Whatta tacky dweeb.)
2 comments:
hey whitney, i'm glad you got to got to nepal after all (although not so glad that you and/or taylor caught a fever, hope you are feeling better).
also jealous because you seem to have done more travel-ish stuff than me so far, we have...eaten a lot of empanadas and not bought tickets to a futbol game...(although meetings at the argentine ministry of the economy and world bank office, you know, no big deal).
hope you enjoy nepal as well.
Ms Whitney,
Interesting and informative numerical rating scale.
I am happy to see that my son was with someone of humour and appreciation.
May you travel safely,
Toilet's father,
Peter
Post a Comment