Sunday, June 28, 2009

sanchai chaa?

What do you want first? The good news or the bad news? Well, I'll let you decide. #1: Bad News, #2 Good News, #3 Great News. Have at it.

NUMBER ONE: Well, I'm better now, thanks for asking. Instead of going to B & N referenced in previous entry, I rested in the hotel bed. You see, I was overcome by this bizarre illness I only suffer from in Asia: Cambodia, Laos, & Nepal. It is defined by headaches, random sweating, and overall listlessness. After 24 hours of sleeping, I recover fully. Strange. Upsetting because this time I actually missed something, the other 2 times I just missed random cafe hopping.

NUMBER TWO: I picked up my tailored clothes. None of the outfits fit just so but, no matter, I can have them fixed in the United States of America. In the mean time I will wear ill fitting outfits. It don't matter none, as I look like a fucking idiot due to ill conceived hair dos and missing blush. Not to mention my legs have been eaten alive by mosquitoes. My looks have seen better days, to be HONEST.

NUMBER THREE: I booked tickets to Hong Kong. Here's the thing. Like an ex-boyfriend that ended on great terms, I can't be in the neighborhood without saying at least hello. I would feel rude, perhaps wondering: did he know I was here and will he read into my actions? We can't have that. So, we shall be reunited. I will do and redo the Saturday routine of 2007-2008 for the one week that I am there. I foresee smiling the whole damn time like a big dumbo in ill fitting clothes with frizzy hair. Parfait!

Until then, I promise not to wish this time away. I promise, I hope to promise.

As for the present, for the next 9 days (during mourning period) I understand my diet to be: papaya, fruit juice, and potatoes. Hold your jealousy, it looks gross on you.

Next time I hope to write something substantial about "culture" or maybe something "subversive" maybe even something mildly "intelligent." Or not.

1 comment:

susan said...

listen, the citizens of HK had a huge party after you left so dont think they want you back. they dont. BUT I DO.
I cant wait to see your hair.
I hope those bites werent caused by worms that burrow beneath your skin and hatch babies and then you turn into a fly. That happens in Nepal ALL the time.
mamamalah