Sunday, July 26, 2009

The last _________________ in Nepal.

And so it begins.

Sentimental musings on the last time I do this in Nepal or that in Nepal. Well today was a joyous one. The last time I have to hand wash my underpants in Nepal. Seriously, the maid or whichever other magical person does my laundry refuses to touch these tiny pants. Anyway, I finished that job and feel good about myself.

I am currently wasting time on the internet until it is time to go the only place where french pressed coffee is available at my newly found favorite cafe in Kathmandu. It is called Chez Caroline; or it is called Bistro Caroline, fucking can't remember. Anyway I felt so authentically French I could nearly smell my own armpits! I will bring my laptop to edit and write and type really profound statements. [For example, "Microfinance is really awesome."] This paragraph will end with another "last statement": the last Sunday wherein I wake at 6am to bide my time for the next FIVE hours before a fucking cafe opens. Whatever, cafes make or break me.

Finally, I will share with you 5 things I have accomplished while in Nepal. I will do this everyday until I leave, unless I actually have something to write about in which case I will write about that.

1. I have grown some BIG eyebrows.
2. I assisted in writing a microfinance paper and made all the charts for it.
3. I had a mental breakdown at the Hyatt.
4. I read upwards of 10 books. (I can't exactly remember which ones.)
5. I was molested by a holy man.

Good, good. Time & money well spent.

I get some photographs back today! Remember the days where we took film pictures? And the anticipation we felt as we waited to see the fruits of our "labor"? Well I've got here right now, and it's enough to make me feel rambunctious!

1 comment:

susan said...

i am so happy that this is the week of lasts...i also like the bushy eyebrows that is so cute. i'll be so glad when i see your fuzzy little head resting on your pillow in the swamp
xo
mosie