this was me:

Around that time, being the fucking ace that I was, I fell in love. For the only time in my life it was requited. I went home from school every day and talked about him and shucks! Well he did the same about me. (I think you can understand why, I mean look at my outfit.) I was in awe with his burp talking and he thought I was just as smart as a whip! Or something. Actually, I was probably the sarcastic twat I am now, but could pull it off since my tights matched my turtle neck.
ANYWAY.
There was a reunion of sorts this past evening. It's not as if its been 19 years since I saw the guy, but things happen, people grow up and things fall the fuck apart. (Way too dramatic.) But the 5 year old boy I fell in love with turns out to be quite the social activities guru. Some things I learned...
On SECOND thought: I'm not going to tell you! Then when we meet and I use these tricks you'll know I didn't think of them and then I won't be able to pull it off with the same finesse as a woman who keeps her mouth shut.
See? I can be a big mouth, but I can be ALSO be a laconic lady when the situation arises. [That is a jab (by jab I mean long-distance friendship fist pump) at someone, are you reading?! Tell me you are!]
No comments:
Post a Comment