Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the fog.

I am walking around feeling unsure. I mean- are the digitized memories of my last 9 years of existence gone? Is that possible? Barcelona. Paris. Phnom Phen. HCMC. Hong Kong. Kathmandu. Nantucket. Luang Prabang. Swampscott. Buenos Aires (x2). Boston [4 years of undergrad]. Madrid. New York. Siem Reap. Gone?

That's when I think about last night. Professor Slim Shoulders was making jokes referencing how archaic paper has become in our digitized world. Brown Noser Glasses Face was doing her best to chime in and giggle appropriately. I felt awkward, but kind of snickered thinking how stupid they were for making the joke, irrelevant!

I believe in paper more than ever. When technology crashes, you know what I do have? 4 years of scrapbooks (made of paper), 5 years of printed scholarly works (made of paper), a few random photographs (made of paper). I have paper. I love paper. Give me paper: amazing, archaic splendor.

1 comment:

nuts said...

Now you know why the bible has done so well.