provoked by the man on the train sitting next to me who was reading Novels in Three Lines, I remembered that day in Hong Kong where I was challenged to tell my life story in 6 words like Ernest Hemingway once did. JUXTAPOSE that shit with the announcement made by LMazz to a group of my comrades yesterday that I speak in absolute, hyperbolic, profanity laced language along with my disdain for Charles Dickens and what we have is a triangulation of great writers and me attempting a story of a woman [girl] 24 years of age:
simultaneously: fucking best and fucking worst.
the 6 word story is a bit of a favorite thing of mine and often invokes real feelings. here are 3 from wired mag that really caught my eye:
Longed for him. Got him. Shit.- Margaret Atwood
Feelings: Mirthfulness
K.I.A. Baghdad, Aged 18 - Closed Casket- Richard K. Morgan
Feelings: The Doldrums
Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."- Steven Meretzky
Feelings: Inadequacy
1 comment:
Hey, miss potty mouth..........
Post a Comment