I've met him maybe twice before? I'm sure [60% semi-convinced] our mutual friend blathers on and on about me to him as much as our mutual friend blathers on and on about him to me. [For example, if I search in my Gmail for him (I was looking for a link to his blog) our mutual friend has written to me about him (using first & last name) at least four times.] It's a relationship built on stories through a third party, and in fact is not a "relationship" in any sense of the word. In reality, an actual closeness does not exist; somehow, it feels natural.
And so, when we saw each other four months after our second meeting and simultaneously said: "Howthe Fuck. are. You?" at the same exact time in the same exact intonation at the same exact speed: our minds [I feel confident speaking for him- see first paragraph] were collectively BLOWN.
That was the highlight of my night. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment