I'm not the type who embarrasses easily. Once, on a date, I suggested I wanted to visit Madrid, that city in Italy. That embarrassed me, but I recovered with jokes, self-deprecation, and gulping my gin and tonic. A digression, but point of interest to you, is that I ended up dating that bloke (a brit) for the following month. 23 newly graduated Oxford stud, if you will. Months later the facebook and I were attempting some stalking of said bloke; turns out he was 18 and would be starting Oxford in the coming fall. Supreme.
We, the kids writing a thesis, are meant to post our assignments in an online forum. This is an easy fucking task. Really easy. But this is my reality: I suck at easy internet tasks, sometimes. True.
Post 1: Posts 4 pages of rough, rough draft for everyone to read. Deadline Saturday Midnight.
posted Sunday Evening.
Post 2: Sorry! Wrong draft. Will post this evening!
posted Monday Morning.
Post 3: Read this one! It's the correct one. [No post attached.]
posted Monday Evening.
Post 4: Woops! This is getting embarrassing. Posts the actual document.
posted Tuesday Morning. FOOLISH.
No one reads post 4. Professor Slim Shoulders mocks, interrogates, admonishes your blogger 4-5 times for her inabilities. At one point, blogger is forced to say: "yes, I get it." (In response to his 5th: I didn't get to read the whole thing....) Student brown noser jumps on PSS's bandwagon and mentions something about being up at 7am and not seeing a new post. OK! WE GET IT YOU DO A LOT OF STUFF, SBN! Stop scrunching your nose, please. At one point, she tricked me into saying that I think poor people have no agency and need interventions to get it, ummmm. Irksome.
In conclusion: that went well. I went for it with self-deprecation, failed at attempting jokes, and didn't even have gin to get me through it. At least, this time I am not robbing the cradle [unwittingly]. Tremendous.
No comments:
Post a Comment