To Whom It May Concern:
It has come to my attention that the wire is a very important show to watch. in fact, it has been heralded as the best show on tv by many people and several publications. [insert citation from slate and salon, i think]
It has also come to my attention that I need to put in at least THREE hours of time before I'll even begin to like it.
I want you to know. I don't have three fucking hours to watch a show that confuses me. I don't have three fucking hours to learn about characters who are not in suburbia and cheating on their wives and having weird relationships with neighbors (usually the types of films/tv shows i like). I have to WRITE fucking things for school and read things and apply to jobs and eat cinnamon buns and hang out with my friends and drink beers and call my mother. I canNOT be wasting three hours before I even LIKE something.
So. This does not mean I am giving up on the show completely or at all. I am just putting the love-fest on hold for now. When I am (un)happily (un)employed after I graduate I will resume watching. But until then, don't guilt me in to thinking I'm making a bad decision. Because I'm NOT.
With an odd and ambiguous sense of rage,
Whitney
1 comment:
Nod.
Post a Comment