1. What does "load shedding" mean?
The electricity stops. It's done and it's really dark. Many places have generators. My house does. But I will certainly have a flashlight the next time I go out.
2. Are you considered tall in Nepal?
I am considered tall nowhere. It doesn't change in Asia.
3. How do you bathe?
Perv.
4. Where will you be working?
Well. I met with the CEO this morning of Centre for MicroFinance Nepal. And, woopdie! It looks like I'll be pretty involved in 3 different types of projects-- one urban, one rural, and one tarai. (Tarai is the mountainous region which is really really impoverished.) CMF is in charge of many, many MFIs in 19 different regions of the country. I mean, this is big stuff, great stuff.
5. Do they serve peanuts with spoons?
Yes. I don't know why; I can't figure it out.
6. Why do travelers look straight ahead and not speak with the Nepali people?
This question came from Dave, a Nepali guy who I stopped to speak with on the street. My answer at the time was, "I don't know." I didn't know at the time, and I don't know now. I know I do it. I know I assume I will be assaulted or scammed, but I couldn't tell him that. Don't paint me as a cold [racist] bitch, you jerk. I do it in NY, I did it in HK, I'll do it here. I'm small (and vulnerable.) See question 2. But let's discuss: I did stop to talk to him and he recognized that he should not generalize about all travelers. He then asked me to go for some chai. I respectfully declined. Was I being brutish? Whoreibble? I'll suggest: cautious.
7. Wait. Are you drunk?
Obviously.
8. Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.
No you twit. Go talk to someone else, I'm busy.
9. What sorts of food might one eat in Nepal?
I've been munching on momos. They are dumplings! If you know one lick about me, you know: Whitney loves dumplings. And I've had pork, chicken, veggie curry [eh], and buffalo.
10. What is your goal while in Nepal?
I hope to speak Nepali fluently by tomorrow.
11. Who do you miss the most?
Josee. Emphatically: Josee Marie-France. [My cat. "Josee is such a Republican! I mean, she's so fuzzy! (W.Fisher: 2004)]
3 comments:
Whit, this is your cousin.
I did not know you were in Nepal. Congrats, I think. I wish you well on your trip and please, widdle me a bong out of bamboo so I sell it on Ebay.
:x
jess? i dont know a jess. but i will widdle as long as i can get 10% of the profits- and i expect big ones.
if a nepalian breaks wind does it smell like cummin (the spice) unkie
Post a Comment