When I was a young girl studying at the Universitas Bostonius I dabbled in journalism. The thing with journalism, which I figured out after getting several C's on my assignments, is that you have to be "objective". News stories are meant to be factual. I down right sucked at choosing the facts which others would find important. So, I quit. The point is, though, I learned one thing: you could choose how to frame the story to show your opinion in a seemingly subtle way, not giving away your true feelings necessarily, but pointing your reader in a certain direction.
I choose to frame this blogstory optimistically. I will write about the wonderful things in New York that I miss which might be missing from Nepal. Might. Probably. Definitely.
feeling clean/sidewalks/garbage cans/sinks with soap/wearing shoes in restaurants/feeling clean/internet at my disposal/law enforcement/lights/electricity/aircon/feeling clean/toilets that look like they could be sat on if necessary/meters in taxis/fresh air/tap water/crosswalks & traffic lights/feeling clean.
Sooooooo, I'm gunna go have a cappuccino now.
2 comments:
"sangham saranam gacchami"
are your pits clean? is that where the uncleanliness stems from?
Post a Comment