Warning: do not travel near government buildings as there are Maoist protests.
The Maoists are starting to piss me off. Please, grow some balls, join the government and make some real changes: stop the immaturity, stop the whining, and just get in there. What's a change I can believe in? Well, it starts with accountability and ends with action.
In other news: there is going to be a total solar eclipse on July 22nd. The longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century (so far?) and it will occur between 5:46:13 am and 7:45:32 am in Kathmandu. I will be up. I feel strangely excited.
I think I will go have some clothing made for myself. Should be interesting given my non-command of the Nepali language. But. That's how some of the best clothes came to being, serious misunderstandings. [I just made that up, but I feel confident.]
Finally, the waiter at Roadhouse (the cafe I'm at, all the time) just compared me to his hometown of Gorkha: "beautiful and peaceful." He missed the analogy. Gorkha schools were just closed due to extreme heat. I too, shut down in the extreme heat.
16 days in Nepal, 44 left. Something tells me it will end too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment