Once, I was a teacher in Hong Kong. I mostly taught 12-14 year olds. The days I liked teaching were the days that included standing ovations as I entered the room, seemingly in my mind, because I am really hot and/or wicked cool.
This morning I woke up to SEVERAL emails telling me some Chinese name had tagged a picture of me and some other Chinese names had commented on a photo of me. With trepidation, I headed to the facebook to find the picture above. ONE million thoughts were racing through my head.
To at least one student, when given the choice of $0-$100,000 I am awarded a worth of the ever respectable $1. I mean, in terms of the Price is Right, that is by far the best bid. In terms of perceived public opinion: I am demoralized. I once compared myself (in my head or out loud) to Madonna. The children fawned over me, they whistled as I walked by, and they tried to pet my skin. My final thought rested upon this stunning realization: Madonna represents the days of past; I'm starting to understand how Kathy Griffin feels.

1 comment:
Prices seem off. The Concept 2 rowing ergometer maxes out at $1260, well below the posted $10000. And that's the discontinued model C, not the current models D or E. Better mark to market.
Post a Comment