Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"ha ha hoo hoo" loosely quoting famous singer, songwriters

Carly Simon does rap music sometimes. so that's great:



This is the kind of activity I engage in after free wine and free pizza. (This "activity" refers to finding songs I jammed to in high school; "jammed" is relative, taking into consideration I am white, was driving a new Jetta, and did not believe in fist-pumping.) I bet you think this song is about you.

Please. Don't stop the song. Please AT LEAST listen, or fast-forward, to the 5:11 mark. There are vague, if seemingly sexual, references to "cream" in the coffee making clouds whilst JJ whisper taunts: "you tell 'em Carly" in a repetitive voice-over that really ruins any image you might have had of an apricot scarf, or yachts for that matter.

Meanwhile: where can I find this man she is singing of? I'll be damned if I don't want to fly on a Lear to Nova.

No comments: