Friday, October 16, 2009

congratulations

Dear You,

By this time in the year 2003 we were probably just beginning this thing. A nascent friendship built on your obsession with me and your lack of love for Michelle. She was nice, but really? Michelle. Really?

You spent most of your time brushing your too long bangs behind your ear, and I was busy removing the hair from my wine-stained teeth. You sang to my most cherished possession and I asked you to leave my room, constantly. "Ham and cheese with lettuce tomato and mayo," you would say. I was probably shoving a whole roasted chicken in my mouth.

It has come to my attention that longevity is scarce. And I want to thank you and congratulate us for kicking scarcity in the ass and going for it.

Love,

Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear You,

Nothing leads me to believe that this post concerns me, but I'm going to go ahead and respond as if it WERE directed towards me.

Congratufuckinglations to us, I think we're pretty great. Granted, this whole time I thought I was the only one in love...with you and with bear. But apparently I am not alone! I am obvi.com glad that you make me laugh and are still in my life. Totes ridic.

love,
Anonymous gay boy.

p.s. I'm sure glad that I can type this message because you would surely make fun of my handwriting had this been on paper.

Whitney said...

This is so embarrassing. Wait, who is Braden? Sorry. I mean, have we met? A W K W A R D.
ps- Bear just requested a sing-a-long.