I took Summers out for this birthday. We looked dapper. We quickly realized we are not dapper by nature.
We were celebrating, eating, sipping wine and water, laughing. And that's when the problems started. RebaPos was the waitress.
SUM: when are you going to take down the treacherously tacky spiderwebs?
RP: Oh, I put those up.....
SUM: I mean, they look great!
WF: just it's november 6th and well, Halloween [takes sip of water]
RP: Halloween, I don't know if you know, is the last day of October! [walks away]
WF: [loses control of her mouth, body, mind... sprays SUM with 1/2 mouthful of water whilst laughing/convulsing like a goon]
SUM: you spit on me!
WF: [trying to swallow, can't swallow. shaking head out of embarrassment while watching SUM disgustingly wipe of glasses and arm.]
SUM: gross! you spit on me.
WF: [takes opportunity to lose control of self again and spits on SUM one last time... with feeling.]
SUM: !!!!!!I have water dripping down my arm!
WF: [swallows] Woops! I am so sorry.
This reminds me of the time in Laos when ginger ale burned and bubbled through my nose simply because the ingredients of the drink were relayed back to me in a monotone nature; or those two times when I filled two separate water glasses in an overflowing manner- I just refused to stop! Water runneth over the cup and onto the table. Why? I just couldn't stop! And then laughed for about 3 minutes straight to the chagrin of my different dining partners.
I like that. You can put the blazer on the girl, but you can't make the blazer indicative of her manners.
But the dinner was the best BSUM has had in NY, so let's get that straight.
I hope I keep my drink in my mouth during the conference; the president spitting on people is not good PR.
No comments:
Post a Comment